Cranberry Almond bark Muffins
2 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar (plus more for garnish)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberries
1 cup chopped almond bark
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup margarine (softened)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon lemon peel
1. In a bowl, mix flour, 2/3 cups sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt. Stir in cranberries and almond bark.
2. In a separate bowl mix soy milk, applesauce, and margarine.
3. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour liquid in the well. stir batter just until moistened; batter will be lumpy.
4. Spoon batter into oiled muffin tins, filling almost to the rim. sprinkle the tops with sugar.
5. Bake in a pre-heated 425 degree oven until lightly browned, about 16 minutes for large muffins, and 13 minutes for smaller muffins.