Cream Of Spinach Soup
1 whole bulb garlic
1 cup chopped red onions (about 1 medium onion)
1/4 cup scallions/green onions, chopped (about 6)
Celtic sea salt, to taste
2 cups raw organic fresh spinach
1 cup organic zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
1/4 cup celery (1 large stalk)
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a handful)
4 cups strong vegetable broth
1/4 to 1/2 cup raw cashews
dash fresh lemon juice, or to taste
1. Place the garlic bulb in a 400 degrees F oven for 30 minutes, or until soft and roasted.
2. In a saucepan, saute onions and scallions with a pinch of salt until the onions are translucent. Add in spinach, zucchini, celery, and parsley; cook 5 minutes.
3. Add in broth and squeeze in roasted garlic pulp and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
5. Allow to cool slightly and then puree in the blender with the cashews and lemon juice. Return to the stove to warm before serving.
Serve sprinkled with parsley and a grain ball. YUM!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.