Creamy Carrot Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
4 cups water or vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat.
2. Add carrots, onion, and celery, then salt and pepper. Heat on medium low heat until they start to soften up, about 5 minutes.
3. Add water/stock and bay leaf and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low for 25 or 30 minutes, or until the veggies are all very soft.
4. Discard the bay leaf and puree in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
5. Transfer back to your cooking pot and add the coconut milk and nutmeg stirring until everything is well blended.
Serve hot or refrigerate in airtight container to serve chilled. The soup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Source of recipe: I found this recipe in the 'foodland ontario' pamphlet I got at the grocery store. I have modified it as it called for evaporated milk, and I changed around the amount of spices a bit. It's creamy and delicious with an exotic taste!