Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 whole head garlic
2-3 leeks, white part only, washed and chopped
olive oil, as needed
I large head cauliflower, chopped
8 cups strong vegetable broth
1/4 cup raw cashews
Celtic sea salt, to taste
4 tablespoons chives, chopped finely to garnish
organic brown rice, quinoa or millet, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the whole head of garlic unpeeled in oven for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a large saucepan, fry the leek in a little olive oil until soft. (About 3 minutes) Add in the cauliflower and stir for a couple of minutes until well coated. Squeeze in the roasted garlic pulp.
3. Cover with the vegetable broth. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a medium flame, and simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft. I like to stir frequently and mash the cauliflower with the spoon as it cooks to make it easier to blend.
4. Let the mixture cool enough to put batches in the blender, and puree with the cashews until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a clean pot and heat on low to serve. Season with Celtic salt, to taste.
5. To serve, top each bowl with a grain ball and a generous sprinkle of chives.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.