1/2 cup steel-cut oats
1/2 cup buckwheat
1 cup boiling water
2 cups almond milk
2 cups water
2 teaspoons extra-virgin coconut oil
salt, to taste
1 apple, diced
1/2 cup almond pulp (after making almond milk; optional)
4 teaspoons soaked goji berries
cinnamon, to taste
1. Before you go to bed, put oats and buckwheat into a medium-size pot. Add boiling water to soak them during the night.
2. Next morning, turn the stove onto low-medium heat (don't bother about draining the grains).
3. Add the almond milk and the water and let it cook on a low temperature for about 15 minutes. Add more water or milk if necessary.
4. Before you serve it, stir in coconut oil and salt.
5. Serve with apple, almond pulp, goji berries, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Source of recipe: After sticking to a fruit-and-veggie-only diet for one month, this was my way to break the fast and enjoy one bowl of the best porridge I've ever made.