Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 large red onions, quartered
3 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
pinch Celtic sea salt
8 cups vegetable broth
1/2 to 1 cup raw macadamias, soaked for 4 to 6 hours
whole raw macadamia nuts, for garnish
chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and onions with olive oil and salt. Transfer to oven-safe dish and roast in 300 degree F oven for for 1 hour.
2. In a pot, bring stock to the boil. Add in roasted vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. In blender, blend soup in batches with the soaked macadamia nuts.
4. Return to the stove, and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season with Celtic sea salt, to taste.
5. Garnish with raw macadamia nuts and cilantro and devour!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.