Curried Cauliflower Soup
2 heads small-medium cauliflower
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of your favorite curry powder (I used a spicy blend)
1 teaspoon ground fenugreek (optional)
5 cups low sodium veggie broth or your homemade broth
1. Cut 1 head of cauliflower into rough chunks (this part is going to be pureed so don't get caught up in making nice pieces - just chop it up!). Cut the second head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a saucepan, sauteing the onion and garlic until soft and translucent. Add the curry powder and fennugreek (if using) to the onion mixture and toast for just a minute. Add the veggie broth and rough chunks of cauliflower. Bring to a boil and simmer until the cauliflower is soft.
3. Puree the cooked mixture (with a hand blender if you have it or in a regular blender. You can just mash down the cauliflower with a masher as well if you want but the result won't be as smooth/rich tasting.)
4. Return smooth soup to the saucepan and the second head of cauliflower that was cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower chunks are soft. Add a little water or broth if it gets too thick. Serve!
Source of recipe: I found some nice organic cauliflowers on sale so I made this up today to bring to my mom who has a cold. I think its pretty yummy. My mom thought so too.