Dee's Danko BLTwist
1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon vegan margarine, divided (I use Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
3 strips vegan bacon (I use Lightlife Smart Bacon)
sriracha hot sauce, to taste
cream sleaze spread
2 slices bread (I think potato tastes best)
1 leaf romaine lettuce, sliced
3 slices tomato
1. In a small pan, melt margarine and fry your "bacon" until it is the desired crispiness. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a tiny bowl, mix sriracha sauce and cream sleaze togerther.
3. Spread a THIN layer of the sleaze spread (too thick and the sleaze will take over the rest of the flavors)
4. Place ingredients all on the bread, layering the more slippery ingredients away from each other. I find that layering it in the order of: bread, sleaze, lettuce, "bacon", tomato, bread, makes for a less messy sandwich~
5. Once assembled, add another pad of butter and toast that sucka!! Cut into triangles because it always tastes better like that. Serve with a pickle wedge or fruit~
Source of recipe: My own twist on the classic blt