1 large onion, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 inch square piece ginger, grated
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons turmeric
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3 large tomatoes, chopped (or 28-ounce can diced tomatoes)
1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
4 cups of vegeable broth
2 cups uncooked red lentils
1 large bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1. In a large pot over low heat, combine onions, oil, and garlic; heat 10 minutes, or until onions are golden brown.
2. Stir in grated ginger, cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cloves. Add tomatoes; cook until tomatoes are soft.
3. Add coconut milk and bring to light boil.
4. Add vegetable broth and lentils, bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 to 1 hour, or until lentils are soft.
5. Add cilantro about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with rice and Naan bread. Yummy!!!!!!!!