pizza crust (your choice-pita bread also works)
2-3 whole tomatoes (more or less depending on what you like)
1 medium eggplant
about 4 cups loosely packed fresh chopped spinach
garlic (I use two cloves)
pinch of sugar
about 5 fresh shredded basil leaves
about 1 cup vegan soy cheese
red pepper flakes, if desired
1. Slice tomatoes and place in roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt
2. Slice eggplant (about 1/8 thick) and place in separate pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. (You can use any other vegetables you like here)
3. Place both pans in bottom rack of a 400 degree oven until the vegetables are tender and the edges start to get dry, about 20 minutes
4. While the vegetables are roasting, heat a little olive oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
5. Add the spinach and about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, salt, and any other seasoning you may like.
6. sauté until the spinach is wilted but not completely soft, about 5 minutes.
7. Brush the pizza crust with olive oil and place the spinach mixture on top. Top with the roasted tomatoes and eggplant. Sprinkle with red pepper and soy cheese to taste.
8. Place in 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until hot.
9. Move the pizza to the top rack and broil until the crust is nice and crispy and the cheese browns.