Fast Food Style Biscuits
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup plain soymilk + 1 teaspoon vinegar for curdling
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoon margarine(Earth Balance works best!)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Mix the 1 cup soymilk with the 1 tsp vinegar and set to the side to let it curdle.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl(Flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt).
4. Measure out the 8 tablespoon of margarine, then cut into small pieces. Stir them into the flour mixture but do nothing more than stir!!
5. Pour in the "buttermilk", mix well avoid over-mixing, mix until just incorporated.
6. Knead for about 30 seconds a nice ball of dough is formed.
7. Divide into 10-12 equal sized pieces, and shape them into biscuits(about 2 inches diameter and 1/2 inch thick).
8. Place on cookie sheet and put them into the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. They are done when the bottoms are brown and crispy and tops are slightly browned, not too much though.
9. Serve hot!