Fresh Fruit and Soy Yogurt Soup
3 peaches, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 pears, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 green apple, cut into 1/2" cubes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
3 cups water
2 tablespoons agave
2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (6 or 7 oranges)
2 tablespoon arrowroot
1 tablespoon water, or as necessary
1 cup plain soy yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1. In a bowl, sprinkle the peaches, pears, and apple with lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Add the strawberries.
2. In a 2-quart soup pot, combine water and agave; bring to a boil. Add fruit mixture and orange juice; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine arrowroot with enough water to mix into a thin paste. Slowly add to soup; simmer 3 minutes more.
4. Remove from heat, cool, and add yogurt and cardamom.
5. Chill soup until ice cold. When you want to serve try garnishing with a sprig of mint or a whole strawberry.