Fried Tofu with Vegetables and Green Tea Rice
8 green tea bags
2 cups rice
1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2" chunks
1 egg substitute
3/4 cup cornstarch + 1 tablespoon (for thickening)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2/3 cup chopped peanuts
4 cups mixed stirfry vegetables, your choice
1) Put tea bags and 6 cups of water into a pan, bring to a boil and steep for 10 minutes. When the tea is finished brewing, remove tea bags.
2) Add onion, garlic, and rice to the tea and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered, about 10 to 15 minutes, or until rice is done.
3) Put egg substitute into a bowl with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and mix well. Put cornstarch and ginger into an old bread bag or bowl. Dip tofu into egg mixture, then into the cornstarch (in bowl or shake in a bread bag) until all tofu pieces are coated.
4) Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil into a fry pan and fry the tofu pieces until golden brown. Set aside.
5) Cook vegetables with hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, with 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook about 10 minutes until vegetables are hot, tender but still crisp. Mix 2 tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to vegetables. Mix well while the sauce thickens. Plate rice with vegetables and tofu on top of the rice, and peanuts sprinkled on top.
Source of recipe: I made it up of different things I like