1/2 (14-ounce) block firm tofu, cut into chunks
1/2 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Place tofu in blender or food processor. Add nondairy milk and vanilla extract, then add granulated sugar and vegetable oil. Blend until smooth.
2. Add lemon juice and blend. Make sure everything is blended thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into a container with a lid. Place in freezer for 30 minutes (or less, check for crystals).
4. Scrape and mix ice cream to remove ice crystals. Return to freezer.
5. Complete process until mixture is creamy consistency. You can then leave in freezer and eat until a bit firmer OR eat as a soft serve.
You can also use a ice cream maker if you want instead of this method. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: Basically I had some tofu with the intention of simply making tofu ice cream, but thought,"I also really want to make yogurt...FROZEN YOGURT?!! :D"So here it is. Basically you are getting a smooth vanilla "ice cream" BUT with a yogurt taste due to the lemon juice.