1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/3 cup oil (flavorless, olive, or a mixture)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3 3/4 cups high-gluten (bread) flour
1 Tablespoon instant yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large cloves garlic (or more to taste), crushed.
1) Pour warm water into 3-lb capable bread machine. Sprinkle in flaxseed and stir. Let stand 5 minutes.
2) Add oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. Add flour - you can use whole wheat for some of the flour if you like. Make a well on top and add yeast. Or, follow your bread machine procedure. Run on "dough" cycle.
3) Before cycle is over, heat the 1/4 c olive oil and crushed garlic over medium-low heat to infuse oil. Do not brown garlic. Remove from heat. Using a brush, grease 18 muffin tin cups with the garlic oil.
4) Remove dough from machine and knead a few times on a floured board. Divide into 18 pieces, approximately 2 ounces each. Keep dough and pieces covered with a clean towel.
5) Roll each piece into a 12-inch long rope on floured board. Bring ends together, twist together, and pull loop end around, poking twisted part up and through. Place in muffin tin with ends on underside. Or however you can figure out how to make a knotty-looking rope in the tin. Brush each throroughly with garlic oil as you go.
6) Place in a warm draft-free place to rise, about 20-25 min. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
7) Bake at 400 for 8 minutes for brown'n'serve, or 12-14 minutes to serve immediately. Let stand in tins for 3 minutes before removing. Cool on a rack.
8) To reheat brown'n'serve rolls, place back in tin, cover with foil, and reheat in a 350-400 degree F oven for 5-8 minutes.