Giada's Bowtie Pasta--Vegan Style
1 (16-ounce) box bow-tie pasta (I use Barilla brand)
1 tablespoon + 3/4 cup vegan margarine, divided (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup frozen carrots, or to taste
1/2 cup frozen peas, or to taste
1/4 cup pasta cooking water or vegetable broth
3/4 cup vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking water.
2. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add onion and garlic; cook on medium-high heat until the onions are tender and translucent.
3. Add carrots and peas; stir until thawed and warm throughout.
4. Stir in the drained bow tie pasta, then add 1/4 cup pasta cooking water (use vegetable broth for more flavor), 3/4 cup margarine, and vegan cream cheese; stir until butter and cream cheese are melted and all ingredients are thoroughly mixed--forming a sauce.
5. Stir in salt and pepper. EAT!
Source of recipe: I watched an episode of Giada at home and decided to veganize her recipe! She used this for her daughters birthday party; it's delicious!