Giovanna's RAW Tiramisu
2 cups macadamia nuts, soaked 4-6 hours
1/2 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (or part of a vanilla bean)
1 cup dates, soaked 1 hour
3/4 cup ground pecans
1/4 cup ground flax seed
cocoa powder or finely cut cocao chips To serve:
4 tablespoons maca 'coffee', prepared
1) In a food processor or blender, blend together the macadamias and cashews, scraping often if necessary. Be sure to get it ultra creamy. Add agave and almond extract and blend to mix. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
2) Process the dates by themselves until very mushy. Add in the pecans and flax and blend until a dough forms.
3) Press the dough into a small pan or make individual servings by pressing into a cupcake pan. Make sure the dough is even and not too thick.
4) Scrape the nut filling mixture onto the crust and gently smooth. Sprinkle cocoa on top and refrigerate for at least one hour.
5) Pour a tad of the 'coffee' onto you plate and serve the piece on top. Enjoy!
Will keep a few days in fridge or a month in freezer. This freezes and thaws very well.
Source of recipe: I invented this recipe.