Good Ol' Poppy Seed Coleslaw
1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw mix, shredded
1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced or minced
2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (e.g., Vegenaise)
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional, but I use it)
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. After washing and shredding cabbage, ensure that it is COMPLETELY dry by spinning it in a salad spinner and drying it with paper towels. If there's excess water, it will become goopy.
2. In a bowl, thoroughly combine the cabbage mix and onions; set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, poppy seeds, oil, vinegar, sugar, and sea salt; mix well.
4. Pour veganaise mixture over the cabbage mixture; mix until all the cabbage is coated; cover.
5. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Source of recipe: I made it up! I've even been told that this recipe is "damn good" by omnis.