Green Onion and Cream Cheese Muffins
4 ounces vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter
Prepared egg replacer for 2 eggs (I use Engr-G)
1 bunch green onions
1) In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of the nondairy milk. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, melt butter. Mix in the remaining nondairy milk and egg alternative.
3) Chop both the white and green parts of the green onions.
4) Stir wet mixture and green onions into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Divide evenly into a greased muffin tin. Add dollop of the vegan cream cheese mixture to top of each one.
5) Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to15 minutes or until golden around the edges. Enjoy!