1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen green beans
extra virgin olive oil, as needed
dash onion powder
dash dried basil flakes
dash crushed chili peppers
1 yellow sweet pepper, sliced into medium-thin strips
1/2 pound chopped fresh spinach
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup canned pineapple chunks
salt, to taste (I use Epicure herbed garlic salt)
1. Boil water in a small pot for the frozen veggies. When boiling, throw them in. Add olive oil to coat frying pan. When veggies are done boiling (about 5 minutes) drain and turn the frying pan onto medium heat.
2. While pan is heating, sprinkle the onion powder, basil flakes, and chili peppers just enough to lightly cover bottom of pan.
3. When pan is hot, toss in yellow pepper, spinach, corn, green beans, and ginger. Sauté veggies until they are covered with the spices.
4. Continue to fry veggies for about 4-5 minutes. Add more extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking. You do not want a puddle of oil, just enough to coat veggies.
5. Toss in the pineapple chunks and sprinkle on more spices and salt, to taste.
Enjoy as a side dish or as a quick and light meal.
Source of recipe: I was playing around in the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.