Grilled Sweet Potato and Beet Salad
2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and sliced 1-2 inches thick
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste (I prefer coarse)
2-3 medium beets peeled and shredded
1/2 - 1 lemon juiced
salt and pepper to taste
splash agave nectar (optional)
1. Cook sliced potatoes for about 5 minutes (or until tender but not mushy). Drain.
2. Combine dry seasonings. Coat potatoes with oil and spices. Add salt to taste.
3. Grill potatoes for about 3-6 minutes on each side (depending on grill heat), until you see good grill marks on the potatoes.
4. Combine shredded beats with lemon juice and EVOO. Salt n pepper to taste.
5. Layer about three potatoes, then top with the beet salad for a beautiful, tasty and nutritious side dish.