Grilled Tofu with Coconut Rice and Broccoli
1 pound firm or extra firm tofu, frozen, thawed, and squeezed
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 to 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
2/3 cup basmati rice
2 cups broccoli florets
1. Cut the tofu into 4 slices about 3/4" thick using the long side of the tofu. Place the tofu along the bottom of a dish.
2. For the marinade, mix together the rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, and orange juice. Pour over tofu and allow to marinate a minimum of 2 hours. It's best if you allow to marinate overnight. Preheat grill.
3. After the tofu has marinated, grill it up! Make sure to either oil the grill so the tofu doesn't stick or place tofu on a piece of foil while grilling. Grill each side about 7 minutes. The tofu should have nice grill marks on it.
4. Steam the broccoli to desired doneness. To make the rice, bring coconut milk to a boil. Be careful, as once the coconut milk begins to boil, it can boil over your pot!
5. Once boiling, turn down the heat and add basmati rice. Bring rice back to a boil, cover and let simmer for about 40 minutes. Serve the tofu with the coconut rice and steamed broccoli.
Delicious! This recipe is so yummy and very simple to make! Just make sure you have enough time to marinate the tofu.
Source of recipe: I got this recipe from a friend.