4 large russet potatoes, cut into large cubes
3 tablespoons + 1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium-size onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
several dashes ground black pepper
4 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Boil potatoes for about 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Put 3 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add potatoes and cook for about 7 minutes.
4. Transfer potatoes onto large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup oil, then salt and pepper, and toss gently to coat as the potatoes will be soft and easily crumble. Roast for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, sprinkle with rosemary and thyme, and toss to coat (gently!). Return to oven and roast until brown and tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired by the brunch recipe for herb-roasted potatoes from Vegan With A Vengeance cookbook by Isa Mokowitz.