Holy Yummy Black Lentil Salad with Chard
6 strips veggie bacon, cut into 1/4" pieces
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
5 stalks Swiss chard, discard bottom 1/3 of stem, then cut into 1" strips
2 tablespoons vegetable stock
1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
1 cup dry black lentils, cooked according to directions and then left to cool
olive oil, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
1. To a pan, add veggie bacon, onion, and garlic; cook on low until onions are translucent.
2. Add chard and veggie stock to pan. Cover and allow chard to steam for a couple minutes. Uncover and cook on low a couple more minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine mustard, apple cider vinegar, and brown rice vinegar. Add lentils and toss gentle to coat. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
5. Stir in herbs and bell pepper just prior to serving.