Kickin' Stuffed Peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 small stalks celery, diced
1/2 large white onion, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
4 frozen vegan burgers, thawed and chopped (I use Boca)
2 teaspoons Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce
2 cups cooked rice
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon Cajun spice blend
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Saute celery, onion, and garlic over medium heat until soft. Turn heat up to medium-high and add chopped vegan burgers.
2. Cook for several minutes until the burgers start to brown. Add the Bragg's while cooking. Fold in the rice and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, scallions, and Cajun seasoning.
3. Stir well and taste to see if seasoning needs to be adjusted. Place peppers skin side down in a casserole dish. Season the inside of each pepper with a pinch of additional Cajun seasoning.
4. Stuff the peppers with the rice mixture, mounding at the top with a spoon and packing down gently with your hands. Pour enough water into the pan so that there is a 1/4" covering the bottom of the dish. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
5. Then, loosely cover with foil and cook for another 15 minutes. The top of the stuffing will be crispy and the peppers should be soft. Check the peppers for doneness before removing from oven. Serve hot.