King Oyster Mushroom Scampi and Pasta
2 large King Oyster (Eryngii) mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons vegan margarine, divided
8 to 10 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons shallot or onion powder
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 servings pasta, prepared (spaghetti, angel hair or linguine)
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
1 medium lemon, juiced (3 to 4 tablespoons)
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp cloth or paper towel. Cut each mushroom in half, lengthwise. Then chop into half moon pieces and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of margarine in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and shallot powder; continue to saute everything for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Once the mushrooms and garlic begin to brown up around the edges, turn the heat down a touch and de-glaze the pan with white wine. Scrape up all the delicious brown bits and add 1 tablespoon margarine. Turn the heat back up to medium-high and allow the wine to bubble up. Continue tossing the mushrooms and garlic around until most of the wine has evaporated.
5. Add in the cooked pasta, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Source of recipe: Recipe inspired by restaurant outings of long ago...