Leek and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
1 recipe pizza dough, premade
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/2 pound tofu
1 - 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, salt, pepper, dried basil
12 to 14 oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 leeks, sliced and cleaned
2 tablespoons vegan butter
1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, pepper and dried basil
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit depending on the dough you use.
2) Slice and clean leeks really good, then saute uncovered in a pan with the vegan butter for about 10 minutes, or untill soft yet slightly crispy.
3) While those are cooking, get a medium bowl and mash up the tofu with your hands or fork. Add tomato paste, 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil. Stir all together.
4) Roll out your pizza dough on a cookie sheet. Spread the tofu mixture onto the pizza dough. Once the leeks are cooked to your liking, spread them evenly onto your pizza. Place the sun-dried tomatoes onto the pizza evenly. Splash on some of the pizza sauce evenly amongst the pizza and sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper, and basil.
5) Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes or until dough is cooked though and the pizza is hot.
This was the best pizza I made from what I just had in my house! We loved it. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I made it up, and I am so glad I did.