Lunabell's Barbecue Vegetable Loaf
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, divided
1 (15-ounce) can mixed vegetables
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup cooked drained lentils
1/4 cup extra-firm tofu or Lunabell's Rice-fu
1 teaspoon vegan chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Barbecue Sauce: In a bowl, combine combine ketchup, syrup, and 3 tablespoons vinegar. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine mixed vegetables, bread crumbs, lentils, tofu, vegan chicken bouillon, chili powder, chives, garlic powder, parsley, 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce, and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan. Add bell pepper and saute until soft. Add the garlic and fry until slightly browned. Mix pan mixture into bowl mixture.
4. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with 1 tablespoon oil. Form the mixture into a loaf and place on baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Remove the loaf from the oven and cover with the remaining of the barbecue sauce. Bake another 10 minutes. When done, let the loaf stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Source of recipe: A variation of the original lentil loaf