Meat Substitute (I prefer Harvest Directs Protean)
1/2 cup rice
1 can vegetarian refried beans (normal or black beans)
1 packet of vegan taco seasoning
1 can enchillada sauce
crushed tortilla or nacho chips
1. Prepare meat substite according to directions.
2. Add rice and taco seasoning and follow directions on seasoning for preparation.
3. Spread beans on tortilla.
4. Spoon rice and meat substitute mixture down center of tortilla.
5. Drizzle taco sauce onto mixture.
6. Roll tortilla and place in greased casserole dish.
7. Repeat 3-6 until ingrediants run out or casserole dish is full.
8. Cover rolled tortillas with enchillada sauce and sprinkle with crushed chips.
9. Cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees or until hot. If using microwavable dish, enchilladas can be cooked in microwave as well.
Use mild or hot seasoning, and sauces as taste desire. If no meat substitute is available, increase the amounts of rice and beans in recipe to suit taste. No nutritional information available.