Mediterranean Crepe Filling
2 cups chopped onions (one medium)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 oz bite-sized mushrooms, chopped coarsely
2 medium garlic cloves, pressed (add more if you like)
3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then sliced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
1 teaspoon garlic salt
(optional, but recommended!!) shredded vegan mozzarella cheese for sprinkling over the top
My mom and I made this recipe up!! It earned the compliments of everyone in our family, even my picky sister!
1. Saute onions on medium heat until softened (about 3 min.) Then add mushrooms and cook until the onions are wilted (about 2 min.).
2. Add garlic and zucchini, cook until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, basil and garlic salt. Heat through and turn stove off.
3. Serve in "whole wheat crepes" or savory (non-sweet) crepes of your choice with cheese substitute sprinkled over the top. You can serve these crepes folded in quarters with a Mediterranean salad on the side.
1. First fill one side of crepe halfway.
2. Fold empty half over to create half-circle.
3. Then, using a spatula, ease one half over the other to make a quarter circle.
4. Sprinkle cheese substitute on top for decoration.