Mediterranean Pasta Salad
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
6 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1 bunch basil, chopped and divided
1/2 tablespoon chopped rosemary, divided
8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped (reserve oil)
1 (6-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, marinated (marinade reserved)
1/3 cup kalamata olives, whole or chopped (1 handful)
1/3 cup handful green olives, whole or chopped (1 handful)
1 lemon, juice of (~ 2-1/2 tablespoons)
1 (16-ounce) box pasta of choice, cooked and cooled
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook until reduced in size and has browned a bit.
2. Reduce to medium heat. Add chickpeas, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 bunch chopped basil, and rosemary; cook 3 minutes, then reduce to low heat.
4. In a bowl, combine 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 bunch chopped basil, sun-dried tomatoes with oil, artichoke hearts, mushroom. Add 1/2 tablespoon artichoke heart marinade and increase amount to taste. Add olives, salt, and pepper.
5. Add pasta and gently toss to evenly combine.