Mint Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup unrefined sugar
1/4 cup firm silken tofu
1 egg equivalent, prepared (I whisk together 1-1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer and 2 tablespoons water until fluffy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I prefer the Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together margarine, light brown sugar, unrefined sugar, and tofu until smooth and creamy. Add prepared egg equivalent, vanilla, and peppermint to sugar mixture and blend.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together white flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add to sugar mixture in two parts, mixing well each time. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Roll into small balls, place on cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. (I would suggest doing a test run of two or three cookies to get the perfect bake time. Mine have varied from 8 to 10 minutes depending on the oven.) These will be soft and chewy even after you cool them on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I couldn't find a mint chocolate chip cookie I liked, so I made one up!