Moist Strawberry Muffins
1 cup oats
1 cup soymilk plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flaxseed plus 3 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil muffin tin.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the soymilk and lemon juice and let stand 5 minutes. Add the oats to the soymilk mixture. Let mixture stand about 5 minutes.
3) In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set both mixtures aside.
4) In a large bowl, beat the flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water together until flax mixture is creamy. Beat in the oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the oat mixture. Add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Fold in the sliced strawberries.
5) Fill muffins cups about three quarters full and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Muffins should be golden in color. Let cool for 15 minutes in muffin tin before transferring to cooling rack.
Source of recipe: 1