2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 cups chopped crimini mushrooms
1/2 cup diced yellow or white onion
2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for six hours, then drained and rinsed
2 cups water
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Mushroom Mixture: In pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablspoon olive oil. Add mushrooms; saute, stirring occassionally, until they have expelled their liquid and are a deep golden color. Drain and reserve the liquid. Add onions; cook until translucent.
2. Cashew Mixture: To a blender, add cashews and water; blend until smooth and creamy. (If mixture is too thick to blend, add small amounts of water until the consistency is creamy thick, but not watery.) Add onion powder, black pepper, and salt; blend to combine.
3. To large bowl, add the mushroom mixture, cashew mixture, and walnuts; lightly toss to thoroughly combine.
4. Oil 4 ramekin dishes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour mushroom
mixture to just below the top rim of dish.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely in ramekin dish. Refrigerate overnight, or until chilled and set. Serve with crackers and a dash of tahini topping. Also enjoy on toast, in sandwiches, as pizza topping, on pasta... Delicious!