Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies o' Greatness
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegan butter, softened
1 tablespoon molasses
2 egg equivalents, prepared (e.g., Ener-G Egg Replacer or ground flax seed and water)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
water or nondairy milk (optional)
1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking sheets.
2. In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, and molasses. Stir in egg equivalents and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
4. Thoroughly stir the oat mixture into the sugar mixture. If the mixture seems too dry, add in a bit of water. Stir in cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
5. Drop by the spoonful onto baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Source of recipe: Modified from Christmas Cookies & Candies Recipe Cards. I make them for work events where I want to make lots of cookies, so I haven't tried to cut the recipe in half for an otherwise reasonable amount of cookies. They're one of the most popular cookies I make.