Old Fashioned chocolate pudding. The Best ever.
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups soymilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Set up a a double boiler. If you don't have one, just put about and inch of water in a large saucepan and bring it to simmer. Place a smaller (2 quart) saucepan in the water.
2. Add cornstarch, sugar, salt, coconut milk and soymilk and whisk together. Stir occasionally until mixture is smooth and lump free. Scrape sides with heat resistant spatula.
3. When mixture is thickened (about 15 minutes), add chocolate chips and stir for another 2 minutes or so until smooth.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
5. Pour into small bowls and chill for a couple hours.