Pasta and Garbonzo Beans with Roasted Red Peppers
1 1/2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium red onions, diced
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
5 red bell peppers, diced
1 cup diced Italian plum tomatoes, drained
1 cup fresh basil, chopped, divided
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 pounds fusilli or rotini pasta
1. Combine garbanzo beans, onions and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat broiler. Combine bell peppers, tomatoes, 3/4 cup basil and garlic in another bowl.
3. Spread mixture evenly over heavy large baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray. Broil until peppers soften slightly, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
4. Add to garbanzo bean mixture. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
5. When pasta is done, add to bowl of all the other stuff, and toss well. Sprinkly with remaining 1/4 cup basil.