Peanut Butter Cups
1-1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter, reduced fat and creamy
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Cut the top half of the muffin cups to where they are about half the original height for 12 paper muffin cups.
2. Microwave the chocolate chips for about 2 minutes at 50% power in a glass or microwaveable bowl. Stir until creamy, you might need to microwave them a little more. Make sure you do not overcook them. Using a spoon or new paint brush spread the chocolate evenly within the muffin cups making sure you fill the crevices on the sides. Place the coated muffin cups in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
3. In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and salt, then fold in the powdered vegan sugar. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute. Stir and allow to cool.
4. Spoon the peanut butter into the chocolate cups leaving a little room for the top layer of chocolate. You have the option of putting the top layer of chocolate on now or after the peanut butter has hardened in the freezer. Both ways work just as well in my opinion.
5. Place the cups in the freezer and wait an hour (or as long as you can).