Pulled Pork Sandwiches
seitan pieces, pulled a part
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
bourbon bbq sauce, to serve
hamburger buns, to serve
1. Squeeze the juice that the seitan cooked in out of the seitan pieces. Place in a bowl and pull apart the seitan so it resembles "pulled pork".
2. In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (aside from the bbq sauce and buns!). Throw it in the bowl with the seitan and mix well.
3. Place the seitan mixture in a pot on low-medium heat. Let the seitan brown a bit (not a lot) so that the spices set in on it sort of like a rub, if you will.
4. Mix the BBQ sauce with the seitan.
5. Put pulled pork on hamburger buns, serve.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2011/02/super-bowl-pulled-pork-sandwiches....