Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup egg replacement
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
15 oz can pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
1 package vegan yellow cake mix
12 oz vegan cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 lbs powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat two 9 inch cake pans (or whichever size you prefer) with cooking spray; dust with flour.
3. To prepare cake, place egg replacement (i used ener-g eggs), sugar, applesauce, and pumpkin in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for one minute.
4. Add pumpkin-pie spice and cake mix, beating at high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Pour into cake pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. cool cakes completely on wire rack.
1. Place cream cheese, salt and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer until smooth
2. Add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments. Beat until just blended.