2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups vanilla non-dairy milk (I use soymilk)
1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon praline extract
maple syrup (optional)
pralines, chopped (optional)
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices (cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and salt).
2. In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk together non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and praline extract until well emulsified.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix (but don't overmix, small clumps are good).
4. Brush a large nonstick skillet with canola oil or spray with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
5. Working in batches of two, pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the hot skillet and cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until undersides are golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and chopped pralines.
Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired by the pumpkin waffle recipe from Isa Moskowitz' Vegan With A Vengeance cookbook.