2 (15-ounce) cans pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup sweetened nondairy milk or creamer (I use "Silk Vanilla Creamer")
1-1/2 tablespoons rum or vanilla extract
1 tablespoon oil
2-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar (I use evaporated cane sugar)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place cupcake liners in pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin filling, agave nectar, nondairy milk, rum extract, and oil).
3. Slowly pour in sugar, if using raw evaporated cane sugar, it takes a little extra stirring to dissolve. Then stir in the remaining dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt). Mix until majority of lumps are gone.
4. Pour each cupcake about 3/4 of the way full with mixture. (Remember, this recipe is for 24 cupcakes, most Cupcake pans make 12 Cupcakes (but who only eats 12 cupcakes, really?) So either use 2 cupcake trays at the same time- OR bake 12, take out the cupcakes, re-line the pan and bake the remaining 12.)
5. Bake for 24 minutes, or until cupcakes pass the old toothpick trick. Take out cupcakes, let them cool and frost!
Source of recipe: Delicious for Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas! An absolute favorite to all my non-vegan and vegan friends alike!My mother used to make these pumpkin cupcakes during the Holidays, I adapted the recipe to make it vegan and after a few tries made them taste even better than hers!