Quick and Easy Sugar Cookies
1 tablespoon egg replacer (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer Powder)
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
2/3 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, combine your egg replacer and water; whisk very briskly until you get a foamy mixture.
2. In a bowl, combine your "egg" mixture, 3/4 cup sugar, oil, vanilla extract, almond extract; beat together with an electric mixer. Sift in your flour, baking powder and salt; beat until dough is well mixed.
3. Roll your dough into about 24 balls. Place 12 evenly spaced balls on a cookie sheet.
4. Pour 1/4 sugar on a plate. Dip a paper towel into your margarine and rub it on the outside bottom of a flat cup, then dip the cup into your sugar and use it to smash each dough ball until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat for second tray of cookies.
5. Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool before serving.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.