3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 medium sized potatoes, sliced
2 medium sized peppers, chopped (green, red, yellow, or your choice)
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms (or 1 small can)
1 can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
1 can tomato sauce (herbed, or your choice)
3 + cloves garlic, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
curry powder to taste
chili powder to taste
1/4 - 1/2 block of grated mozzarella soy cheese to top
I arbitrarily threw this recipe together for dinner one evening for my vegan partner, my meat eating Aunt and cousin, and they all went back for seconds!
This is especially good on the second & third day for lunch, served with bread, as it thickens nicely!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare quinoa according to package directions with vegetable broth and 1 garlic clove.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all chopped vegetables, beans, garlic and spices.
4. In a large casserole dish, layer quinoa on the bottom, followed by the vegetable mix.
5. Pour can of tomato sauce on top of Casserole.
6. Sprinkle desired amount of soy cheese on top of casserole.
7. Bake for 1 hour (or until potatoes are soft).
Is nice served as a main dish with a side salad, and vegan bread!
1/6 of recipe = 182 calories, 33g carbohydrates, 8 grams protein & 3 grams fat