Quinoa with Teriyaki Potatoes and Kale
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa [u]Teriyaki Sauce[/u]:
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water, divided
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, chopped
sriacha or red pepper flakes, to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch olive oil, for frying
2 red potatoes, diced
2 big handfuls chopped kale
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Teriyaki Sauce: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and sriacha. In a small dish, whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, then add to saucepan. Heat until boiling, stirring occasionally, until thick. Remove from heat.
3. To a large pan over medium-high heat, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add potatoes; saute until tender and browned. Add kale; stir it around until wilted, then add black pepper. Turn off heat.
4. Mix in the teriyaki sauce.
5. Grab a plate. Scoop some quinoa on that bad boy and then the potato mixture on top of that. Enjoy.
Source of recipe: Me.