Quinoa Veggie "Stew"
1/4 cup of quinoa
1-2 small potatoes (fingerling are great!)
1 cup of veggie broth
2/3 cup frozen veggies
seasoning mix (Mrs. dash, spike, etc.)
a tiny bit of oil
1. Toast quinoa a bit with spices and oil on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, cut up the potatoes and add to the pot with the broth.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. While you wait, surf vegweb and chat or do some super easy Spanish homework (if you have any).
4. When 10 minutes is up add 2/3 cup of a mix of whatever frozen veggies you have on hand (i like peas, corn, and carrots) and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, you can set the table!