1 tablespoon vinegar
1 1/2 cups chocolate flavored nondairy milk (I use soy)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder Icing:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup nondairy milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Use cooking spray for cupcake pan or individual liners. Combine all ingredients for the cupcake batter into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter. Place in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk for icing.
4. Stir with a fork until at desired thickness. For thicker frosting, use more powdered sugar. For thinner frosting, use more milk.
5. Take cupcakes out of the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before icing.
Source of recipe: I modified the ingredients of a recipe from "sweet life" and came up with the icing recipe on my own.