Roasted Corn and Garlic Chipotle-Cilantro Mashers
Vegan Sour Cream:
1 (12 ounce) package silken tofu
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt Potatoes:
1 garlic bulb
3+ tablespoons olive oil
3 ears fresh corn
2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
3/4 cup vegan sour cream (recipe above)
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
2 teaspoons adobo sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
sliced avocado, to garnish, optional
1. Prepare the sour cream by blending all ingredients for cream in a food processor, sealing the mixture in a covered container, and refrigerating it for a few hours. When ready to prepare potatoes, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut off the pointed end of the garlic; place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Seal up the garlic in the foil. Next, drizzle the corn with about 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Make sure that the olive oil and salt/pepper are covering the entire ears of corn.
3. Place the garlic in oven for about 45 minutes. After 15 minutes cooking time, add the corn in the oven and bake with the garlic until the corn is golden brown. Squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves and place the corn and garlic aside to cool completely. Once cooled, cut the kernels off the corn cob and set aside.
4. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until they are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Whisk together the garlic pulp, vegan sour cream, margarine, and next 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is thoroughly heated.
5. Mash the potatoes slightly, add warm garlic mixture to pan, and continue to mash until blended. The mixture should be coarsely mashed. Stir in chopped cilantro and reserved corn. This last step with help soak up some of the excess wet mixture. Garnish with avocado, if desired.
Source of recipe: I created this recipe. http://VoraciousVegan.blogspot.com