added this 2 years ago
Roasted Spiced Veggies
What you need:
3 cups raw butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 large onion, in chunks
1 each red and yellow sweet bell peppers, in chunks
1-2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 medium globe zucchini, in chunks
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon garam masala
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons oil
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Heat a nonstick frying pan and warm the spices until fragrant and the mustard starts to pop.
3. Add the oil and the onion pieces and sauté for a minute or two.
4. Place all the veggies in a baking dish and add the spiced onion mix. Toss well.
5. Roast uncovered for about 30 min, tossing once or twice, until veggies are soft and done.
6. If you want to toast the squash seeds, put them in the frying pan you saute´d the onions in and toss until brown. Use as a garnish or just eat as a snack.
4 as a main dish, 6 as a side