2 big potatoes (grated)
1 cup sago (soaked in water for 3 hours)
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon chili-ginger paste
1/2 cup coarsely crushed peanuts
1 teaspoon sugar
juice of 1 lime
3 tablespoon coriander leaves
pepper and salt to taste
this is an Indian version of popular Italian roshti eaten while fasting.
1) Heat the oil, add cumin seeds, chili-ginger paste till seeds start crackling.
2) add grated potatoes, salt n mix well. cover and cook for a while.
3) add crushed peanuts and cook for another 3 min.
4) finally, add sago, salt, sugar, lemon juice, coriander. mix well. cover and cook till one side becomes red.
5) turn upside down and cook till red.
6) carefully take out in a dish. it is crispy and looks like a fat pancake or roshti.